Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fate or Faith?

Fate.

Fate is a concept that I just can't understand. I read that it is something that controls your life. It is something that inevitably happens and you just don't have the power to change it because it is already fixed. If that's the case, does it mean that the people I met and everything that's happening in my life befalls in accordance with fate? What if there's something I really want but my parents discouraged me and decided for me instead, does it mean that my parents can change what's destined for me? Or does fate allow them in order for things to happen the way it should be? What if I imposed what I want, does it mean that I changed my fate? Seriously, I can't tell how fate works. I just believe that everything happens for a reason and you choose what you want to be. But then again, there are things that you can't get even if you try hard to.

How will I know what's fated for me? What if I just made myself miserable in trying to decode my fate? How about those aborted babies, those innocent people killed or died accidentally, is it their fate to be deprived of life?  If it does, then fate is selfish. We're living in fate's captivity. What's life's purpose then if there is something that controls our life or something that lets others to steal our lives?

There are many things that life can offer, things that we want and things we don't. Considering that I don't really know how fate works and if it really exists, all I can say is don't let others steer your life. Be courageous enough to fight for what you want. Don't just settle for the thing that's there for you. I'm not saying not to be contented with what you have. What I mean is if you want something, don't be afraid to fight for it. Pursue it! Remember, life is too short to waste so you better be strong enough to take risks to be what you want to be. If you fail, in the end you'll realize that what's meant for you is better than what you want and somehow you'll be proud of yourself that at least you tried rather than settling for what ifs.

Still, life is so complicated. Everyone has their own definition of what life is. Defying fate means controlling your life according to your will but then again, we're not living for our own because there's God above who still has the power over us and His will is sovereign than ours. So does it mean again that we aren't free to choose what our life should be? This is getting more and more circuitous.

To end this, I just want to say,

Live life to the fullest! Don't waste any moment with something or someone you aren't happy with. Life is a gift from God that's meant to give joy and not sorrow.

He gave everyone freedom. It's up to us to choose how to live.

We are in charge of our own lives but we can't control what's happening around us.

Only He can.

I don't have any idea what's fated for me.

Maybe because there's no fate. There's only God.

And God knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment