Sunday, January 6, 2013

Post-Christmas

My Christmas with my family and close friends went well. We were all very blessed and thankful for everything. Truly, God is so good! :)

I thank God for the people whom He blessed to share with me all the gifts I received. I got all I want! Isn't it so much to be grateful for? Oh, except for one which I listed on My Christmas Wishes. I didn't buy a new swimsuit. My grandma said I don't need them. Not now, I guess. The last time I went to shopping with my mom, I looked for swimsuits since they were on sale but still, I didn't get one. I think it's better to buy in summer. 

I want to swim. It's so hot today and I'm wearing my sweat jacket. It's my favorite. Okay, I'm getting nonsense here. I'm bored. I just finished watching 'The Mistress'. John Lloyd and Bea really look good together. I'm so in love with John Lloyd's character <3

I enjoyed the film though the story is not new. Filipinos seem to patronize such films about infidelity, sex, etc. It made me think. Hmm. Well, this post is too public to tackle such topics. It's just that the film bothered me. True, love conquers all. You fight for someone once you proved that the person is worth it or even if he/she's not. That's love. You can't choose who you fall in love with but... Okay, I know it's not that easy to ignore the feelings but we can always choose to act or not to act on it. Well, in the movie, if I were John Lloyd, why would I settle for my dad's mistress? First, she has already been used by another guy which is in his unfortunate case, his father whom he hated so much. Second, he deserves a better woman, a woman who isn't someone's dirty little secret, and a woman he would not be ashamed of because yes, admit it or not, in this kind of society that we live in, it is a shame to be the other woman, yes, the mistress. Still, I salute Mr. Eric Torres, John Lloyd's character, for loving Sari Alfonzo despite being her dad's mistress. True, we all have reasons why we do this and that yet in the end, it's all up to our decisions and choices which will determine who we are. 'Not having a choice' is not an excuse because we always do have a choice. Sometimes, it seems that there's nothing we can do but there is. There will always be. Also, even if our choices determine who we are, we are not to judge others. Only He could/would judge us by our acts. 

At some point, this film changed what I think about mistresses because Bea is so hot. HAHAHA kidding. Seriously, if you would just see how she loves her family, especially her grandma, maybe that time when her grandma was struggling for her life, Sari didn't have anyone to depend on for financial needs and there, only Eric's dad could provide the money for the operation at that very moment. However, it doesn't justify her being a mistress. In my conclusion, I think, the bad one is Senior Torres because he took advantage of Sari's weaknesses and shortcomings and used them to make Sari stay for he could provide her with material things a woman wants. LOL. 

Oh I just love the story. I love John Lloyd here <3 

"Andaming dahilan para hindi kita mahalin. Pero may isang dahilan kung bakit hindi ko magawa iyon. Mahal kita. Yun lang yun."

='>

Enjoying the last day of holiday vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment