Monday, January 28, 2013

His Secret Love

I had a very weird dream. I had no idea why I dreamt of him. Seriously, I didn't imagine something like this because I was daydreaming of the opposite thing. 

I was with my college friends. We were having fun. We went to Shakey's for dinner. We were all seated and ready order, and since it will take long to serve our dinner, I went out for a while to visit other friends as they told me that one of them will be having a surprise announcement. I arrived home and they were already gone. I missed the surprise announcement so my mother told me everything about it instead. She said that my longtime crush, my dream man, decided to get married and the proposal will be this coming Saturday but he didn't tell them who the bride will be. It was a shock! First, we never saw him with a girl because apparently, he has no girlfriend, thus, no fiancee. It was really weird. I thought it was a very impulsive decision and yes, it was. He left us hanging with no idea what was going to happen. Everyone was so curious about this special girl. We know him well. He is smart, creative, responsible, handsome and God-fearing. That's why I really like him. The news made me so anxious. That was so unexpected of him. I've always dreamt of getting married to him and clearly, this wasn't the way I want it to be. 

The day came. Everyone was excited about the marriage proposal except me. I was nervous. Actually I didn't want to attend the event. Well, at one point, I wished that the girl was me. I was desperately fantasizing that somehow, after a very long time that we were friends, he realized that I was the one for him and since he's not a romantic kind of guy, he will suddenly just propose to me and ask me to marry him. WHICH seemed to be a more improbable and weirder idea.

The proposal will be held in Shakey's, the same one I went to with my college friends and before long, they arrived too. I felt relieved to see them there for I didn't want to witness the event alone. I mean, I didn't want my common friends with him to see me crying or hyperventilating during his proposal. 

At last, he arrived with his family. Surprisingly again, he wasn't with the girl. Everyone welcomed him, excitingly asking him where the girl was. I joined them of course and tried to hide my despair. Then he ecstatically told us about the girl. He looked so in love. That was the first time I saw him like that. It was so not him. From the look on his face, everyone may assume that he and his girl were together for a couple of years. And when he said that the girl was a teacher like him, I almost fainted. 

Yes. The dream looked like it was forecasted because I already graduated that time and he was a teacher when presently in reality, he is not.

So after this short introduction about the girl, I strode to the restroom and there I poured out all my emotions. It was too painful to bear. I was afraid someone might see the hurt in my eyes and feel pity for me. After a few minutes, I fixed my mascara and make-up and left the restroom. I can't tolerate them looking so happy and excited for him so I joined my college friends instead on another table. Before I open my mouth to share my anguish that moment, he and his girl finally caught the attention of them all. The girl was pretty, petite, simple, white, and so feminine and prim. I was the opposite of her; a boyish, rock chick. My assumption was true. They were so in love with each other. I can't feel the pain that time because I felt he was amazingly inspired with her. I felt happy for him too. I realized that moment, I wasn't the best for him. I can't make him happy like that. He deserved someone else, a true woman who can make him feel like a real man. It wasn't me. I'm just a happy go lucky girl who loves adventure and music with no specific direction  in life. So yeah, I can't blame him if he can't fall for me. His fiancee was far better than I am. 

He hugged her. He kissed her. He wanted to marry and spend the rest of his life with her. And me? I was there witnessing their love story...

------------------------------------------

I refused to sleep again when I woke up. Haha. Ohwell. I can't always get what and who I want. I have to work hard to earn it and of course, pray to God. He is forever in control of everything.

Oh this dream inspires me to be the girl he will be proud of someday. Funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment