Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dark Love

"There will be times when you will love someone so much that even the simplest gesture is enough to convince you and make you stay in love."

After leaving you, my heart went numb. I couldn't tell if I am still loving you or not. I couldn't feel anything except the pain. But even that slipped away. All I ever know is that I am falling. I am falling into a darkness that had never known light and never would.

I was walking alone when I saw you. You stopped and glanced at me. I thought you were going to wave me hi and to talk with me but I was wrong. You went away. You ignored my presence. You pretended nothing happened. You easily forgot how our friendship existed. You chose not to know the reason why I left like how I chose not to say to you why I did. My fault. I broke my promise to you. I left you without any goodbyes. Just like what you said "nawala ako na parang bula."

That time I was afraid. I was afraid to say to you the truth that I am leaving. I need to leave. I had given you up for I know that when I leave that place, you will never understand why and will never leave with me. And yes, I left without you.

Now, I am falling into a darkness never knowing what creature is waiting at the bottom to crush me into pieces and never having any faint idea how to escape and to save myself. I am afraid to admit but you are that darkness that blinds me.

Moments with you are still fresh on my mind, I remembered how you cared for me, how you looked out for my safety, and how you exerted effort to pull me off the danger lurking at my back. You even told me "hindi ko naman hahayaang masaktan ka" and every time I think of that moment, it makes me more vulnerable for several reasons: You made me physically strong but emotionally weak for you made me realize how limp I am. You offered me strength and courage when I was about to give up. You inspired me when I needed it the most. You lifted me up when I collapsed. You brought laughter when I was struggling out of a deep sorrow. You trained me to pull myself beyond the limits. And lastly, you showed me how wonderful life had been with you by my side to guide me.

Even if I am so much far from you, I still couldn't breath. My chest is tight and it hurts. I thought my grip was tight enough to save myself but still I fell, eyes wide and surprised. I fell for you. I screamed. I gasped for air. I sobbed. Blood poured out of my mouth. I laid my fingers on my face to prove if I'm still alive. yes, I'm still alive but I am trapped in the darkness of you. Still trapped in the darkness of your love. I seem frozen, as if I couldn't move from the pain in my heart but I am not dead, not yet.. And I mustn't be..

~darkangel~

LOVE SONG by 311

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away, I will always love you
However long I stay, I will always love you
Whatever words I say, I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away, I will always love you
However long I stay, I will always love you
Whatever words I say, I will always love you
I will always love you

No comments:

Post a Comment