Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's All About LOVE

What Love Says

By Max Lucado

“Love covers a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8, NASB

Have you ever heard anyone gossip about someone you know? . . . What do you have to say?

Here is what love says: Love says nothing. Love stays silent. “Love covers a multitude of sins.” Love doesn’t expose. It doesn’t gossip. If love says anything, love speaks words of defense. Words of kindness. Words of protection.

No Strings Attached

By Max Lucado

“While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 NIV

When we love with expectations, we say, “I love you. But I’ll love you more if . . .”

Christ’s love had none of this. No strings, no expectations, no hidden agendas, no secrets. His love for us was, and is, up front and clear. “I love you,” he says. “Even if you let me down. I love you in spite of your failures.”

God So Loved Us

By Max Lucado

“If God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” 1 John 4:11, NKJV

Jesus humbled himself. He went from commanding angels to sleeping in the straw. From holding stars to clutching Mary’s finger. The palm that held the universe took the nail of a soldier.

Why? Because that’s what love does. It puts the beloved before itself.

A Pure Heart

By Max Lucado

“May the Lord lead your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s patience.” 2 Thessalonians 3:5

The majority is not always right. If the majority had ruled, the children of Israel never would have left Egypt. They would have voted to stay in bondage. If the majority had ruled, David never would have fought Goliath. His brothers would have voted for him to stay with the sheep. What’s the point? You must listen to your own heart.

God says you’re on your way to becoming a disciple when you can keep a clear head and a pure heart.

Wonderful Comfort

By Max Lucado

“What a wonderful God we have . . . who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us.” 2 Corinthians 1:3, TLB

Encourage those who are struggling. Don’t know what to say? Then open your Bible . . .

To the grief stricken: “God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’” (Heb. 13:5 NIV)

To the guilt-ridden: “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 8:1 NIV).

------------------------------

Lord, thank you for Your love. I pray that You teach me how to love like You have loved me. Teach me how to forgive like You have forgiven all my sins. And most of all, teach me how to forget and to start a new life again.. with You.. only You.. Comfort me with Your loving arms. Wipe away my every tear with Your healing hands.. Mend my broken soul with Your everlasting love.

In Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment